DECEASED ESTATES & CLAIMS
All steps are managed in an efficient, friendly environment with a team who cares for you.
We provide you with a process to work out tasks for all parties to minimise cost and time. In our matters we do not contribute to unnecessary delays and assets are distributed promptly and fairly.
We use a team approach to ensure the best possible outcome, while working through your legal issues with care and compassion.
At Masons Solicitors we understand that dealing with a deceased estate is one of the more difficult challenges in life.
The last thing you wish to deal with when you are grieving from the loss of someone important in your life is mountains of paperwork, legal jargon and possible family disputes.
Let us help you by:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of estate laws,
- Advising executors and trustees in regard to their duties and rights,
- Informing government bodies including Centrelink and Veterans Affairs,
- Applying for Probate of the Will in the Supreme Court,
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will),
- Applying for Letters of Administration (if the Will is deemed invalid or is absent),
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities,
- Obtaining valuations of estate property,
- Collecting estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, and insurance payouts,
- Selling or transferring estate property including estate auctions,
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses,
- Advising in regard to family and testamentary trusts,
- Administering trust funds,
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries,
- Organising information for estate tax returns and liaising with the accountant for the estate,
- Family mediation and negotiation,
- Contesting wills and defending estate litigation in the Supreme Court.