Our team can act for you prior to contract and through to settlement.
We can offer you a complete service approach by giving you advice about the Contract before you sign it, liaising with your bank, witnessing your loan documents and lodging your application for most grants and stamp duty concessions, as we are an approved assessor.
- Our team is thorough in searching and consultation to identify problem issues.
- All matters are supervised directly by experienced solicitors
- We provide efficient and cost effective production of documents.
- There are no hidden fees, which mean there is no separate charging for each issue that might arise during the life of your matter unless the issue is complex. Even then, we will inform you of any cost increase in a timely manner.
- You are kept informed and updated every step of the way.
- A centralised conveyancing system means that all office personnel can usually assist you with standard enquiries when you call.
NEGOTIATION AND CONTRACT REVIEW
Before signing, your contract is checked and advice given by an experienced solicitor after conducting initial searches and identifying any matters that may need your attention over the course of the matter.
We provide you an estimate of stamp duty and any other taxation requirements and refer you to independent advice regarding any other taxation requirements.
Service offered to clients at no extra charge.
Conveyancing service with a difference
We can assist you in negotiation of the terms and conditions of the contract and draft special conditions where required.
- The property is at your risk from 5pm on the first business day after the Contract date. Any improvements therefore need to be insured immediately.
- We offer 24 hour document delivery through our front door and verification of identity (now required in Queensland because of the absence of original titles) via an online link - we can email you a link so that you can upload your identity documents.
- We give notifications in terms of the special conditions to protect your interests. Speaking to you on the phone and sending through reminder emails as a first step of our day and sending copies of all searches we make on your behalf.
- We inform other parties in writing on or before the date for approval of finance - time is of the essence of the contract.
- We are aware of the requirements of different lending institutions including mortgage documents. We make sure the requirements of your lender are met in time for settlement.
- We check that the property goes into the correct names and consider all of the aspects of your purchase, including government assistance for first home buyers and stamp duty reductions as applicable.
- We calculate the correct adjustments to settlement figures taking into account matters such as rates, to ensure that you pay no more than you are obliged in terms of the contract.
- We check with you as to a pre-settlement inspection, conduct a final title search at the Titles Registry to ensure that the title you are purchasing is still secure and arrange for the collection or delivery of keys.
- To ensure a seamless and efficient delivery of our conveyancing service, we are assisting with secure electronic conveyancing and settlement throughout Queensland using “PEXA” (Property Exchange Australia) .
- All of our conveyances are supervised and checked by a senior qualified solicitor and a team of trained assistance with years of experience who handle every matter personally with absolute care.
For sales, purchases and wills and enduring powers of attorney.
We provide a service that is reliable and upfront. You know our fees before proceeding.
No additional charges for extensions, special conditions or unknowns.
Use of Solicitors Trust Account for deposit of funds, payment of balance settlement monies, stamp duty. Our team is trained at risk avoidance and gives you the tools you need not to be caught out. Our staff are all trained in cyber security which gives you peace of mind.
ON-LINE VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY FOR CLIENTS
All land transfers require identity checks. This makes sure your transactions are secure.
Electronic settlements are available wherever possible.
Masons Solicitors have experienced conveyancing solicitors to help with all stages of Queensland property transactions whether you are buying or selling a home, unit, vacant block, strata title, commercial real estate or rural property, including but not limited to:
- Legal advice in regard to real estate contract law,
- Drafting and reviewing contracts,
- Disclosure and Warning Statements,
- Auction contracts and “off-the-plan” purchases,
- Cost appraisal including stamp duty, and disbursements such as search and registration fees,
- Referral for independent advice regarding tax considerations and asset protection including capital gains tax,
- Sales or purchases by companies, self-managed superannuation funds, family and discretionary trusts and deceased estates,
- Property ownership options including joint tenants and tenants in common,
- The cooling off period and deposits,
- Commercial property including leases, Retirement Village purchases, leases and service contracts,
- Dispute resolution and litigation,
- Building contracts, owner builder issues and the Queensland Building Services Authority Act 1991,
- Liaison with financial institutions in relation to loans, mortgages and discharges of mortgages,
- Execution of contracts and settlement,
- Adjustments to the purchase price required by the contract for outgoings such as rates,
- Advice for first home buyers,
- Preparing and registering Powers of Attorney,
- Advice in regard to easements and covenants on title searches.